Sunday, September 14, 2014

Garth's Last 2 Letters... Leaving for Tuxtla TONIGHT!

9/3/14

Hola Familia

I love and miss you all so much! I try to say that in every letter because it's so true! Thank you so much mom for the package and the endless letters you send me! Without them I couldn’t function. The cookies were great and I love the pictures. I was showing off to all the elders in my district how amazing my family is and how I reign supreme with having the cutest nieces and nephews. I’m glad to have received the letters from Lincoln and LaRea as well. It’s so good to hear from them. I’m glad Lincoln is killing it in school and Boom Beach. I have begun a Boom Beach legacy that he now has to continue. Lincoln, when you’re top 10 in the world I better be the first to hear about it! It was also good to hear U of A won too! Who did they play? What are the players to be watching this year? Anyway on with my week

So from where we last left off I have been continuing to do well with the Spanish, but it’s getting harder and harder! Me and my companion's lessons have been going really good as well. We committed Areli (hermana Estrada) to baptism!! She loves the story of the sons of Mosiah and how anyone can go from "the vilest of sinners" to "instruments in the hand of the lord". Every day for about 30 min we teach a progressing investigator. The people we teach are members pretending to be an investigator but sometimes it’s the real thing. I don’t know if I told you about ours. Her name is Ivette and she is a real investigator... so it’s SUPER important we don’t have any scripture mix ups like I did the beginning of the MTC! haha Anyway she is planning on getting baptized in real life! We’re not really supposed to know that but some other elders that are teaching her told us. Anyway she’s kind of a difficult investigator because sometimes she’s in character pretending she knows nothing about God and then will randomly break character and ask us if God knew Satan was going to rebel in the Pre Mortal life. So our lessons with her go all over the place but they’re really good. We ask her a lot of questions and she asks us a lot. I love it. Another cool thing that happened this week is I've been assigned to be the District Leader. It’s really nothing super special. Not like in a DL in the mission field. Basically I get the mail for everyone and get class started. It’s been cool though. Our last DL, Elder Card, is really awesome and hilarious. He and I get along real well. He’s helped me out with getting started as the new DL and it’s been great. Another awesome thing that happened this week was that I FINALLY found someone I know at the MTC! On Sunday I found elder Richard Rigby from the Wildwood Park Ward, who's going to the Adriatic South Mission (I’m pretty sure that’s the same one that Tasia’s going to). We said hi and talked for a while and got a picture together just before yesterday night's devotional. We were both so pumped cause all the Utah kids say hi to their friends like every 4 seconds because they know EVERYONE at the MTC so it was refreshing to be able to finally know someone!

I love and miss you all so much! Good luck to Brityn and Max while they're in Germany and good luck to Mom with watching their crazy Kids! I sure miss them. Good luck to Lincoln and Larea while Dad is in charge and making you eat leftovers ever night! Good luck to Cam and Amber with the possibility of the new baby coming, and good luck to everyone else who has stuff going on that I didn’t mention or don’t know about! Adios!!!

Love
Elder Hunt

PS: I get my flight information on Friday so yes I have my visa and I’ll let you know what the plans are next week. Also the day I get to Mexico is on their independence day... so things are going to be muy loco when I get there! I can’t wait!

Cameron... how come I haven’t got a 4 paragraph, double spaced, size 12 font, times new roman movie review of the best dang movie of the year???? I need to know how awesome Guardians of the Galaxy was even though I already know! Be sure to send pictures of the new baby when she comes!

Dad be sure to feed Lilly cause everyone knows mom’s the only one that does it! I put some pictures on dropbox, tell me if it worked.

Lincoln and Larea! I loved your letters, remember to always love each other and give Lilly a big ol' business kiss for me! haha 

YO AMO USTEDES!!

9/10/14

Finally! I got my flight plans. This week has been so great with so many random experiences. First flight plans... 

So on Sunday at 8:00 pm I leave the MTC for Salt Lake. My flight from Salt Lake City to Atlanta leaves at 12:55 am... Yes that’s1:00 in the morning!!!! So family I’ll probably call between 8 and 11 your time Sunday night. It’ll probably be closer to 8:30 or 9 so be prepared. I'll call the house phone. I land in Atlanta at 6:30AM Monday Morning their time... 3:30AM AZ time so I don’t think I’ll be able to make any calls during the lay over there. I leave from Atlanta GA at 9:45 AM and land in Mexico City at 12:23PM. I have a short layover there and leave from Mexico to Tuxtla Gutierrez at 2:10PM Mexico Time and land in Tuxtla at 3:39 PM Mexico time. I hope I made that clear enough. I’ll probably call the house when I land in Mexico City and leave a message. I will try to call mom and dad too. Ill figure it out but for sure be ready to answer the phone THIS Sunday night between 8 and 11. Mom dad if you have any advice on when to call you when I’m in Mexico City that would be great. Let me know through dear elder or something. I feel so disorganized! 

So this week was awesome! Friday morning we went to the pillow room!!!!! So every Friday morning we do service and there's a myth about west campus that if you tell the people in charge of service, who work at the MTC, that it’s your last service day, they’ll take you to the pillow room. We asked and they guided us to the legend! It was a room filled, to the roof in some places, with pillows. We were jumping and going crazy and it was awesome! Also this week it rained A LOT! Especially yesterday. Apparently the storm that passed through here made it to AZ and did some damage. Mom told me that there was some deaths and a lot of damage. How’s the house? Send me some pictures of how bad it was por favor! Sunday I got to see another one of my great friends, Greyson! He’s going to Salt Lake and he's such a great guy. We weren’t able to get a picture though. Also mom, they took out the MTC sign!!!! Apparently they have a problem with too many people taking pictures in front of it and its gone! I’m not making this up I went looking for it and finally asked someone and they told me that they took it out. I’m so sorry mom but I did really good at taking pictures this week you can look on dads drop box account. That’s where I put them all.

On Tuesday at devotional we had a Seventy from Africa come and speak. I can totally understand why Hunter loves the African people so much. Elder Sitati was so funny and happy and gave a really good devotional. He told us to always remember our divine potential and who we are and what we can become.

Today was our last time going to the temple in English. It was really great. We’ve really gotten close as a district and its going to be sad when we split but it’ll be all good in the end. I love everyone so much!!! Thanks for all the letters and the packages!! Congrats to Kelby and congrats to Cameron and Amber and Hanna grace! Sounds like it’s been a great week for everyone. Next week I’ll be in Mexico and I feel like the letters are going to start getting a whole lot different. Love yall!!!

Elder Hunt




No comments:

Post a Comment