Thursday, August 28, 2014

Half way done at the MTC!

Hola famila!
This was the longest, shortest week of my life... I don’t know why. Everything is just getting busier and busier. But before I get into that let me say el don de languas es verdadera. The gift of tongues is real! I’m nowhere near fluent or even tolerable but there’s no way I would be able to speak the way I do without the Lords help. It’s so amazing and I’m starting to feel the spirit more and more in the lessons I teach.
So this week our district started passing around a cold and I was doing pretty good at avoiding it until my comp got it. Then I knew it was coming. I felt pretty awful Friday and Saturday, but the weird thing about it was that I was able to COMPLETELY focus during class. Usually if I were to feel that way during school I would rather swan dive onto a bear trap than pay attention in class. But the second I walked in the class door my brain was focused. I still felt snuffly and achy and dizzy but I was able to think and focus like it was nothing. The Lord answers prayers. Its verdad (true)!
I also received many loving letters from family and another package from the Crandall’s! I love you all so much! Seriously, I love hearing from you all! Especially you mom! I AM getting your letters and I DID write you a letter answering all your questions! You should get it by tomorrow.
It was rainy again this week and its cold... I love it! I know I’m not going to be feeling this way for a while so I’m soaking it all in.... literally.
On Monday we got a random person to teach, her name is Ivette and she knows nothing about God. It’s weird because we have to teach her at like a primary level. I love it. Also this week our branch president interviewed us all individually and he told me 3 things. He said 1) don’t stress. The mission is extremely hard for every good missionary but it’s fun for the best ones. 2) don’t compare. Don’t set goals or expectations based on anyone in the MTC except for yourself. And 3) don’t judge. You will not be a successful missionary if you judge your companion or the people you meet and teach... I needed to hear it all. The MTC has been rough at times but most of it has been just me. I love the place and I love the missionaries here. I’m glad to hear everyone’s doing great! I love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Hunt
PS: Mom I would love some Rollo cookies and some Snickers bars. I got a ton of sour skittles so anything chocolate should even out the fruitiness. Love ya! And if you could also send me a picture of when I was baptized that would be great. It’s good for investigators to see. Also the computer I’m currently using is being super lame on sending pictures so I’ll try to send you some more by the end of today. Loveya!
 
At the temple with my companion, Elder Schmidtlein
 

No comments:

Post a Comment