Monday, November 16, 2015

Comitan and San Cristobal Stakes

Ok so I don’t have a lot of time but it was a fun week!
Rosa is doing ok. We stopped by her house a couple times this week (we try to go every day but she’s not home sometimes, even when we set appointments) but she’s really trying to do what’s right. She is so sincere in her desires and her example has started to change her children too. One of her older sons, Luis (elder Cabrera and I were teaching him), told us on Saturday that he wants so get baptized!!!! So if I don’t get transferred next week, I’ll be able to tell you all about his baptism next month!
We also were able to visit an investigator named Mayer. He’s a 17 year old kid who’s looking for the truth. He loved the plan of salvation and the story of Joseph Smith. He’s showing a lot of sincere desires as well and when we invited him to baptism and set a date he didn’t even hesitate and said yes.
Sunday we had our stake conference and it was really great!! And there was big news . . . . they are going to split the San Cristobal stake into 2 districts, Comitan and San Cristobal. So now the members will have half the responsibility and stress and double the blessings and leadership. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Now all the little branches like Comalapa that are forever far away from San Cristobal won’t have to travel so long.
But the best of all the news is that Eva and Marvin came to stake conference and they loved it! We took pictures of them afterward so you can see them in Dropbox. Anyway it was awesome. Seriously, they’re trying so hard to do the right thing. Now the only thing that’s left is marriage and then BOOM!... baptism! then BOOM!... temple marriage! I love the gospel and I love being a missionary!
I love and miss you all so much family! I hope everything goes well for you and that you had a great Halloween! And a special shout out to Malcom and Amber for their birthdays this week!!! I wish I could be there with you all! I’ll bring back some presents for you guys I promise... just wait for like 9 months and you’ll be able to see ‘em! ha
Love,
Elder Hunt



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment