Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hard work and answered prayers

What a week! I honestly don’t know how I’m going to tell you everything with such little time.
 
So being in a trio has its ups and downs. It was a rough start to be honest. We were not used to teaching with 3 people and had some pretty lame lessons, so that was frustrating. We were having some other little problems with studying and decision making because were covering two areas and it was just really hard to adjust. So Mondayand Tuesday night, I prayed for help and a little relief, and that’s exactly what I got. It’s so amazing to see the hand of the Lord in all things and I know that he really does work in mysterious ways.
 
Wednesday morning we got a phone call from the assistants. I answered and they needed one of us to accompany an elder to the hospital for some surgery he was going to have on his leg and I accepted. When I got to the mission home I was able to see two of the best missionaries ever, they were heading home: Elder Reyesleyva (my papa) and Elder Spence (my zone leader from Comitan) it was so great to see them and catch up with each other! They’re such great elders and so dang funny. I’m going to miss them. After that I met up with Elder Caredenas (the missionary that was going to have surgery) and we headed over to the hospital. He’s from Peru and has been out on his mission for about a year. Sadly he’s going home to recuperate from the surgery. It was  nice talking with him about our missions and the differences between the USA, Mexico and Peru. It also gave me time to catch up in my journal, PMG, and the scriptures. When I got back to the area I was refreshed and filled with energy and ready to work, and that’s exactly what we did.
 
Carmen and her kids are doing great!!! Her son is getting baptized in 2 weeks and her daughter in 3 and then Carmen in 4 (because she didn’t come to church), but it was a blast teaching them this week. We taught them about the 10 commandments and talked a bit about the law of chastity. 
 
Adolfo is doing great as well. So far so good with the Word of Wisdom and the lessons. He came to church yesterday and everything was going good for his baptismal date until we got the awesome news that Elder Oaks is coming to Tuxtla AGAIN!!!! I’m so excited, but he’s coming Saturday morning and that’s when we had Adolfo’s baptism planned. We can’t to it in the afternoon so we’re thinking of doing it on Sunday because it will be stake conference and he won’t be confirmed until NEXT week anyway. So basically, everything is great with Adolfo!
 
Saturday was a crazy awesome day. We went on divisions for the whole day and so we had a TON of lessons with members, a total of 20 for the whole week!!! (that’s a good thing)
 
Sunday was the best Sunday ever. We had 15 investigators at church!!! It was a miracle. A couple were nonmembers that were invited by member friends or part member families but most were investigators that are actually progressing. Remember Maria and Jose Luis? Their kids came to church! It was awesome!  
Just a great eventful week and I know you’re all going to hate me because it’s a really un-detailed letter but don’t worry mom, I’m still writing in my journal and I’ll explain EVERYTHING when I get home!
 
Love and miss you all tons!!!! You’re the best!
 
Elder Hunt
 
PS . . . . Happy birthday Madeline and Ciera, I hope it was fantastic. Miss you both a ton!



No comments:

Post a Comment