Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Mission Accomplished

Well, I can’t believe this day is here, I honestly don’t know what to think. I have so many conflicting feelings. I’m happy, sad, nervous, scared, anxious, excited, yet calm. I don’t know how to explain it

I know this work that I’ve been privileged to be a part of has changed my life, I’m coming back a different person, and I can feel the difference. I understand why they call it the best 2 years. It’s something hard to describe let alone put into English, but it’s the most beautiful feeling to help others come unto Christ and help them change their lives, and with the present condition that the world is in, this work is the most important work that can be done!

The youth in the Church MUST go on a mission. It is on a mission that they can best learn to become like Christ and to help other people become like Him as well, and with the current events that are taking place all over the world, the Gospel is the only thing that can cleanse the pollution's that the wickedness and foolishness of mankind has created.  

I can say that I know my Savior more, that I understand God´s plan better, and that I know the Church is truly Christ´s church. The priesthood is a real power that God has given to man to perform miracles and bring men to salvation. Heavenly Father is a REAL being that watches out for ALL of His children. Jesus Christ DID die for each and every one of us, and it is ONLY by and through Him that we can progress in this life and receive Eternal Life in the life to come. I know that because of a simple and heart felt prayer in 1820, Joseph Smith was able to restore Christ´s church again to the earth. One of the fruits of the Restoration is the Book of Mormon which testifies of God´s love and Christ´s sacrifice for all people. I also know the Book of Mormon is true. I could not have sacrificed these past 2 years of my life if I didn’t know these things.
 
I love you all so very much. Thank you for the love and support you have given me over these last 2 years, years that have come and gone much too soon! Nos vemos al rato.

Love,

Elder Jonathan Garth Hunt





No comments:

Post a Comment