Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A "weird" week

I use that word "weird" not in a funny way, but the way that it really is, strange and different. I can’t say too much about it now, but my companion and I have been handling a sensitive and tragic situation in our zone the past several days and it's eight o’ clock at night and I just don’t have time. This is going to be a short letter but I promise next week's will be longer.

That being said, here is the week in a nutshell . . . .

Everything started off really well this week. Monday we went to Tuxtla for a multi-zone conference with president and the assistants. It was amazing. What put the cherry on top was that we ALL went to the temple afterward. I LOVE THE TEMPLE! I’m so glad we'll have one in Tucson soon.

Wednesday we got back and did exchanges with one of the district leaders and his companion. I was with the district leader Elder Smith and it was a blast. We were able to see some pretty great miracles as we worked hard that day.

Friday we went to Ocosingo again for a baptismal interview and my companion went with the district leader to another village called Vajalon to do some interviews. It was awesome. 

Saturday we got back and had a fun branch activity. Not many people came but those who did had a blast. We did a Mormon Cranium game and it was a lot of fun. Saturday night we were informed of the thing I mentioned at the first of the letter and my companion had to go to another area with the district president and some other members while I stayed in San Cristobal with the other elders. Like I said I don’t have time to get into details, but we had to do a lot of improvising.

Sunday I went on splits with a ward member all day until my companion got home and then we went to drop off an elder in Tuxtla today and didn’t get back until about 7:00 tonight.

I feel so exhausted, yet I’m amazed at how the Lord helped me and my companion through a very difficult and challenging last couple of days. I’ll try to tell you a little about it next week, but most of the details will probably have to wait until I get home. Just know that we’re doing OK and that I love being a missionary and next week’s letter is going to be a lot better in part because Freddy is going to get baptized!!!!!

Love you all so much! Miss ya tons too

Love,

Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment