Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Last transfer. "And so it begins".......

Elder de Jesus got transferred, I’m so sad, he’s been the best companion I’ve ever had and he taught me so much. We had a good last week here together. My new companion is ELDER KITRAS and all I know is that he’s from Nevada and that he is awesome! He goes home in 4 more transfers.
So now for the week . . . .  Monday and Tuesday we were in Tuxtla for our mission leader conference and it was amazing, as usual. The goal in the mission this month is to have lessons with a member present and so we talked about really getting the members involved in the work and not just having a body present! President George sure loves us, every time he speaks to us, you can just here it in his voice.
Thursday we had our zone meeting and it all went very well. I love working with the missionaries and teaching them. After the zone meeting my companion blindfolded me and lead me to a room where we celebrated all the June birthdays! It was awesome! Then I got my face smashed in a cake. It’s a Mexican tradition. Everyone chants "Mordida! Mordida!" which is "Take a BITE! Take a BITE!” I’ll explain it all later.
 The highlights of this week . . . .
Asusncion – she’s a less active lady and her husband and kids aren’t members. We visited her and talked about family history. She really wants to go to the temple, she’s never been before! She came to church and she’s starting to get her life back on track.
Anamias – he’s a less active man who had some problems in the church and hasn’t been there for almost a year. We’ve been motivating him and he too finally came to church! It was great to see him walk thru those doors.
Alfredo is reading the Book of Mormon and really likes it, he just hasn’t been to church yet. This week were going to go with one of the young men so that he has a friend at church and feels more comfortable coming.
We found a new investigator named Elsi. She’s a 30 year old single mother and her ex is a ward member. Kind of weird but we had a fantastic lesson with her about the restoration,
Freddy is AWESOME! He’s staying strong and we gave him a white shirt and tie on Sunday. He just about cried, especially when we said that Elder de Jesus was getting transferred, but he’s doing great and staying strong!

So that was basically the highlights of the week. The time is going by way too fast! I can’t believe how fast it’s gone but I’m ready to end the race sprinting and can’t wait to see what the Lord has prepared for me these last few month of my mission.
Love you all and miss you all tons!
Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment