Friday, May 8, 2015

Conference

I want to apologize right now that this is going to be a short letter. I don’t have much time so here goes!
We went on splits with the zone leaders and Elder Merrill was with me! He’s awesome and he’s from Provo. We found some new people. The main one is named Gabriela and she is really nice. She’s in her 20s, her husband does not like us, but she was willing to listen. She seemed really interested in General Conference and said she was going to go, but when we stopped by, she wasn’t there, it was kind of disappointing but were going to try to stop by their house this week.
We also had a zone meeting and the zone leaders talked to us a lot about president not wanting us to act like kids. It sounds like many missionaries are being disobedient with music and the way they talk is not missionary appropriate, so he’s trying to make us more consecrated and recognize the importance of our calling. I totally support him in these things.
As for conference . . . . we got to see the first session in English, because my companion speaks English, but all the other sessions we had investigators present or we were at the stake center so just Spanish for me. Choncita came with us and absolutely loved the sessions! So did Alejandra! It was so fantastic. I loved everything that was spoken and it was definitely what the world need right now. I found it interesting that we need to stand up for religious freedom. Not just stand up for our Mormon standards but stand up for religion as a whole! It was great to hear and like usual I loved what Jeffery R Holland shared. His story was awesome and I listened to it today again as I was finishing up writing.
Well, that’s basically my week. Sorry it was so short but know that I love and miss you all so much. Next week should be good because were having a stake music activity and guess what mom . . . . I’m going to sing with 3 other missionaries a Capella!!!!! I’ll try to have someone video it for you cause it’s going to be AWEOSME!
Thanks so much for the letters and pictures. Love and miss ya tons! Happy Easter!
Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment