Friday, May 8, 2015

Tapachula, week 6

Hola familia!!!
So . . . I’m really bad at timing and I don’t have a whole ton of time, so I’m going to throw everything in this email and hope you all understand.
Choncita FINISHED THE BOOK OF MOROMON!!!!!!! woohooo. She’s so great and so faithful but I think she understood about 10 percent of it. The reason why I think that is because the other day we asked how she was doing with her reading and she was in the index . . . . she was reading the index! We explained that it’s just a dictionary and she doesn’t need to read it. She said "but you told me to read cover to cover." She’s great. We also had a special fast with her this week to help her get baptized. Her boyfriend won’t leave even though she’s asked him to leave several times. We’re praying and working with her a lot.
We had a multi-zone conference with Pres. George and the area doctor over of all of Mexico. It was great, as usual, and I learned so much. One of the favorite scriptures that he shared with us was in D&C 88. It says:
“And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.”
“Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.”
Basically Presidente George told us to stop being lazy babies and work hard. Because its only through hard work that we can be happy! It was so great. I love president George.
We found a new investigator this week named Miriam. She’s 19 and she seems interested in our message. She accepted baptism and came to church and I think she liked it. She’s friends with our other investigator Ingrid so I think they’ll both enjoy church a lot more.
Sunday was our choir activity and there was a TON of people there! Seriously I wasn’t expecting so many, but it was awesome! The choir actually sounded really good and our quartet, I’m not going to lie, was AWESOME! I had a blast practicing with the elders it was great.
Sorry this was so fast but I love and miss you all tons. You’re great and thanks for the letters!
Love
Elder Hunt



No comments:

Post a Comment