Friday, May 6, 2016

San Cristobal de las Casas!

I’m so excited!!!! 

San Cristobal is the dream area in the Tuxtla Gutierrez mission and I get to serve there. It’s nice and cool there! For instance right now in Tuxtla it’s 91 degrees and it’s going to hit 100 today. The high for San Cristobal today is 80 degrees and the rest of the week around 75 and it dips down into the low 50’s at night. Ahhhh, sweater weather, WOOHOO!

I’ve been asked to serve as a zone leader there so that will be a growing experience for me. I am excited to serve with my new companion who has been the assistant to the mission president for the last 6 months. He will finish his mission there . . . . Something tells me I’m not going to be able to slack off the last few months of my mission. Anyway, tomorrow I’m leaving so I’ll write you all about it next week.

This week was pretty good. I always write down what I did throughout the week on a post-it note so it’s easier to write you and write in my journal, but I left my other planner at the house, so I’ll try my best by memory . . . .

We kept teaching Cristian and he’s progressing pretty well. He wants to be baptized, even though his parents are only a little ok with it (they feel like the 4th of June is too soon) but my companion and his new companion are going to visit him and his parents with the Young Men’s president and talk about his baptismal date.

Yareni loves the message of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and is willing to read to know for herself if it’s true. We haven’t been able to meet with her boyfriend though. He’s really against religion, but yeah, that will be another project for my companion too!

To be honest, that’s all that I can think of for the highlights of the week and I don’t have much time. It’s been hard and hot in the Aguilas Ward at times, but I’ve learned so much! I’m sad to leave the people that I have come to love here but I am so excited go to San Cristobal and get to work!

Love ya all tons!!

Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment