Saturday, August 22, 2015

Comalapa!

I’M IN COMALAPA AND I LOVE IT!!!!
OK . . . . like always I don’t have a lot of time so I’ll make it as detailed as I can in the short time I have to write. Comalapa is so beautiful and there are so many people. It’s a little smaller than Tonala but there is so much work to be done! So many people and so little members. We’ve got about 20 active members in the branch and it takes like 45 min to walk from one tip of the area to the other. Another thing about this area is the number of churches there are. I’ve never seen so many in one place. I thought there were a lot in Tonala, but here there is literally a church on about every other block. The other night I counted 16 from our last lesson to our house and we weren’t very far from our house. Needless to say we have a lot of fun conversations with some of the contacts! ha ha. Anyway I’m loving it here. It’s a little hot but definitely not like Tapachula or Tonala! My companion is Elder Cabrera from Tijuana and he’s such a cool guy! We hit it off really well and I can tell it’s going to be a great transfer with him!
So, here’s the week...
Monday was basically saying goodbye to all those I could. There wasn’t a whole lot of people home but we got a couple of pictures with those that were.
Tuesday I traveled to my new area. It wasn’t as long I thought it would be. It took about 8 hours. It was fun getting stopped by the border patrol every 30 min. . . . . NOT!
Wednesday we finally started working and wow it was awesome! SO MANY PEOPLE! We were talking to everyone and teaching a ton! One of the people we taught was a less-active named Baudi. He’s pretty messed up. Basically he lives in a cage at his parent’s house because he drank so much he went crazy. Interesting guy but a good listener.
Friday we taught a man from Honduras named Angel. He asked us all the golden questions. Why are we here? Where did we come from? Where are we going? We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he loved it. We have an appointment with him this Wednesday.
Saturday we found another guy who’s super churchy. He says Amen and Hallelujah after every comment, but he’s great. His name is Luis Hilberto and he was really intrigued about the restoration. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he promised us he would read it. He is going out of town so we won’t be able to see him until NEXT Saturday but it should be a great lesson!
Sunday I gave a talk! Our little branch is so awesome! They seem a little discouraged because out of the 50 members in Comalapa only 20 are active, but we’re working hard and I can just feel it that this great area has a lot in store for us.

Sorry for the shortness of this email, but please pray for these 2 investigators, the branch, and that we can find those people who are ready to accept the gospel!

Love you all so much!
Elder Jonathan Garth Hunt


 

No comments:

Post a Comment