Monday, March 21, 2016

A trying week

It was a hard week with so many prayers answered and a happy ending.
 
Being in a trio is hard sometimes. I don’t want to publicly talk about our problems (that will be something for when I get home) but all you need to know is it's been hard. I prayed a lot this week and can’t tell you how many times I found a scripture or had someone tell me something or had overwhelming peace that let me know everything is going to be alright. It was very stressful sometimes, but the Lord brought so much comfort to me. If you want to know some of my answers, look up the talk by D. Todd Christofferson called "As Many as I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten". There’s a scripture, D&C 136: 31, that really helped me know what God’s will and plans were.
 
Part of the stress and frustration of this week was also that our investigators are having a hard time progressing. On top of that Adolfo was hospitalized this week. He got pneumonia, and for a 72 year old with cancer, that can be deadly. Thankfully he’s much better right now and everything looks like it will be alright.
 
The week wasn’t all trials, something great also happened this week. We have 2 new investigators, Alfredo and Mary. They have actually been investigating the Church for a year now. Why do we still visit them you may ask? Because they come to church and want to be baptized. Now I know you are wondering why they haven’t been baptized. Because they’re not married. However . . . . on Thursday we went to the Registro civil (don’t know what it is in English) to get their daughter’s birth certificate and now that they have that, they can get married!!!! So basically at the end of April, we have 2 sure baptisms!
 
It was a rough week but I’m still thankful for it. I don’t know what I would do without trials. The mission honestly wouldn’t be the best 2 years without them and I am a better missionary because of them.
 
Love you all so much and thank you for the letters. Also, thank you for the Christmas letters Aunt Sandy and Aunt Jessica, I just got them this week. 
 
Elder Hunt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment