Monday, March 21, 2016

New investigators

It was a good week. I love being a missionary and seeing the Lord answer prayers. He has answered many with the trials and blessing of last week.
 
We visited Adolfo this week and had a great lesson with him. He even called us on Monday and said "I have so much to tell you guys but I’ll wait till our lesson on Tuesday to tell you". Even though he’s an elderly man he has the excitement of a little kid. I love the guy, he’s so great! When we met him for his lesson he talked about how he had a ton of miracles happen to him on Monday and a lot of prayers answered as well. He lost a very important medical card that he needs for his medicine and cancer treatments and prayed to find it, then one of his co-workers walked up to him and said "Adolfo you dropped this". The doctor says he has the blood pressure of an 18 year old kid (he was especially excited about that), and many other things. As he expressed his excitement, he started to cry, then he said "I never thought the Lord would answer my prayers so fast. I never could have imagined that I could feel so happy". It was hard not to cry right along with him. I love being a missionary.
 
We found a new investigator named Mario and his brother Luigi . . . . just kidding. But yeah, the man’s name is Mario and we contacted him in the street. We stopped by his house and taught him the restoration. He wasn’t surprised or doubtful regarding the part of Joseph Smith restoring the gospel, but of course had never heard of prophets in our day. He said he is willing to pray and read.
 
We found another new investigator named Rolando. He’s a construction worker that’s working on the house of one of the members and he went with them to the stake conference! So we talked with him Sunday. He’s a great guy. He’s not highly educated but he’s willing to find out for himself if this message is true.
 
Friday I got my ingrown toenail taken out . . . . again! I’m turning into a real Mexican! It was sad because it was the same toe as last time, but this time on the other side of the nail. When we walked into the place, the same lady that took out my ingrown toenail last time was the one who took it out this time. As I sat in the seat I apologized for making her touch my gringo feet again. She laughed and said "don’t worry, you have like 7 other companions that come in often for the same problem" I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! We did divisions on Friday and Saturday and I was still able to do the work! 
 
We had a great experience with Jose Luis this week. When we visited his family, he asked for a blessing. He has diabetes and has been really weak and bad on his sugar levels. We gave him a blessing and as we did so the spirit filled the room. He started to cry as we promised him he would be healed and that his Heavenly Father has a plan for him. I’m honored and yet humbled to hold the priesthood of God.
 
This was a good week and full of different experiences. I love representing the Lord. I know that he lives and that this is his work and that it will not be stopped. I love and miss you all tons and thank you for the letters and support.
 
Love,
 
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment