Saturday, January 9, 2016

Future chapel

My Heavenly father really loves me and my companion. I don’t know why he’s blessing us so much but He does, and I’m so grateful for it.
After the announcement of the possible future chapel everyone’s excitement level skyrocketed and we got a bunch of referrals (they were all super lame but were thankful for them anyway). We also visited a lot of members this week, active and inactive, doing our part to work together for the new chapel. Sunday we had 44 people come to church! And there was still a bunch that didn’t show up that were going to! Next week should be good.

Well I don’t have a lot of time today cause were in Comitan. Tomorrow were going to San Cristobal for the multi-zone Christmas conference (I have no idea why they’re doing it a month before Christmas nor did I have any idea or I would have told you to send me my box earlier).
We finally found Rosa this week and had a nice long talk with her. She knows that what she is doing is wrong but doesn’t want to change . . . it breaks my heart. Hopefully she comes to church next week!
We’ve started teaching a woman named Estela. She’s a friend of a member and we teach her in Sis. Vicky`s Herbalife store! She’s a great lady and wants to know more about the church. Her husband passed away about 15 months ago. She didn’t come to church this week, but she’s a great lady and for sure is going to come the next week.
Because of time I’m just going to finish with Sunday! It was awesome!!!!! 44 people there. It was our branch conference, so the new district presidency and other leaders were there to get us excited and ready to work towards qualifying for our new chapel.

One cool experience that happened during conference was that one of the brothers there was hno Nahin (the guy we were trying to reactivate like 2 months ago) during the second hour he had a feeling to go outside. So he did and saw some guy listening in from the apartments above the church. The guy’s name is Misael and had just moved to Comalapa. He’s 26...ish, single, and has listened to the missionaries before (along with like 4 other churches, but hey, he’s been to church at least!) anyway he says he is ready to find the true church! So I was talking to him and invited him to come in, so he threw on a shirt and joined us. He was really participative. It was awesome!!!
It was a great way to end the week and I was really grateful for it. The Lord puts people in the path of his faithful servants and that’s how people lives are changed. It’s not me or my companion, it’s the Lord.
The Church is true. Always has been and always will be!
Elder Hunt,

ps. Take a ton of pictures in Utah for me!!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment