Saturday, January 9, 2016

Tuxtla Grijalva Aguilas 2 !!!!!

That’s my zone and area and it’s AWESOME!
Wow! So much to say and so little time but basically this is what happened this week . . . .
Mon. and Tues. I said goodbye to everyone in Comalapa. It was a bit hard (but I didn’t cry). I’m going to miss it so much. It was a bit hard to adjust the first couple of days but I’m all good now. Tuesday we left Comalapa and got to Tuxtla about two ish. My companion is ELDER PEREZZ! He’s from the Distrito Federal (it’s like D.C. for Mexico) and he’s awesome. He was actually elder Ramos’ companion in the MTC.
One Wednesday we ate at the house of the past temple president of the Tuxtla Temple. WOW! What and awesome man. His name is Enrique Sanchez. Seriously, he has met basically every apostle and has had dinner with them. He speaks perfect English and his son is in an “I’m a Mormon” video! Afterward one of his life-long friends came over to hear the restoration. His name is Adulfo and he has cancer. He doesn’t have much time to live but when we gave him the Book of Mormon, he held it close to his heart and said thank you like 1000 times! We invited him to baptism and not only did he say yes, but he said "I want my friend Enrique Sanchez to Baptize me". IT WAS AWEOSME!
Thursday there was a pretty big earthquake. My companion was on the pot and the house started to jump up and down. I honestly didn’t know what to do, but he shot out of the bathroom and flew out the front door! There wasn’t too much damage, just some broken windows here and there in Tuxtla.
Saturday was great. We taught a teenager named Galaor (sounds like a Lord of the Rings name) about the plan of salvation and HE CAME TO CHURCH WITH US ON SUNDAY! He is such a great kid and loved the church. We had a Christmas activity that night as well. We watched some videos about Christ and then had some dinner. Oh yeah, there are also two other missionaries in our ward, Elder Rosas and Elder Russell. So our ward is doing great.
Sunday we left a bit early for church so we could pick up our investigators and saw a woman on the street. We talked to her because she looked super sad. She expressed her hatred toward God, though it was in a somewhat respectful way toward us. She has passed through some really hard times and has put the blame on God. We were able to share some scriptures and it helped a bit but she really didn’t calm down until we shared out testimonies then she thanked us for our time and said she would like to talk to us another day. She didn’t give us her direccion but she did tell us to talk to one of her friends who is a member in order to contact her.

Once we got to church I just about died . . . . it was so big! And guess what . . . THERE WAS CARPET!!!!!!!!!! Like actual carpet! It was just in the sacrament room but it was great. We have about 140 people in the ward who are active.
Sorry for my very not-so-detailed letter but, yeah, I love my area and love the members!
Love ya all and can’t wait to see you on Skype at Christmas!
Love,
Elder Hunt
PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment